Sunday, August 10, 2014

Can animal or plant be southpaw?

Actually I became curious to this factor due to incident on the way to my home.
“I come with my friends .They all are right handed  but I am left handed .The fact is that if we are  walking on the middle of the way and on the very occasion if vehicle  comes from behind us I usually move opposite to the i.e. they usually move to the left but I will be leaved on the right which has already happened for many times. This is neither an intension nor the mare coincidence. There came the popular program , animal kingdom on the discovery channel where the fight among the animals for  would be presented .one day i realized the fact on tv .what had really happened was “5 or 6 zebras were going to their destination. The zebras were not groped and they had all the space in the world to go to left or right or any side they wished for .Immediately they were attacked by a tiger .on that condition what happened was that some zebra went left and some to right some of them ran straight and the tiger chasing them without confusion started chasing the right running zebra.”
Now it made me confuse why those animals had different direction and why that tiger headed towards right direction, it could even follow them to left or forward direction. Are there really the southpaws in animals as well???????
When I started searching about this subject I found that polar bears are probably left handed and parrots are considered to be left footed.
Similarly I believe that plants are also probably lefty or righty.
In the same condition there are two trees of same species one of which is bent to right and another to left .the most probable answer may be tropism. But which tropism has this effect .And I don’t think that on the same condition of soil and all the climatic condition this could happen. There are many same species of flower and they have branches in very different sides why???????
It is the matter of suspense for the biologist .There is still not the strong proof to state exactly weather there are lefty animals or plants. 


No comments:

Post a Comment